- Meal services will continue to be provided to all students learning from home and to any other child up to age 18. Those meals can be picked up on Fridays. Middle and high school student will be provided with a meal box on their last day of in-person instruction (either Tuesday or Thursday). Elementary students will take home meals on Thursdays.
- Students’ placements for the remainder of the second quarter - either online or in-person - will be the same as they were prior to Thanksgiving. If you wish to change your student’s placement for the third grading period beginning Jan. 25, you must request that change by contacting your student’s school no later than Friday, Jan. 8, 2021 at 3pm. This placement will be in effect for your student through the end of the third quarter (March 23).
- Requests to move students from online to in-person instruction will be considered, but cannot be guaranteed given the guidelines under which we are required to operate. Because Henry County High School students are working on credits for graduation, we will consider requests to switch from online to in-person learning for all high school students as soon as possible.
- HCPS will continue to provide virtual instruction for those families that feel their students are safer learning from home. However, we will need to know specifically if your in-person student is not planning to return to in-person classes on Jan. 5.
- Please be aware that our return plan includes the possibility of closing an individual classroom, school or the entire district due to staffing issues or outbreaks.
If any of our plans change, you will be notified as soon as possible. We appreciate your support and collaboration as we continue to navigate this highly unusual school year. We can't wait to see our students back in January!