Linking community resources
- School social workers promote a continuum of services;
- Mobilize resources and promote assets;
- Link and coordinate community services for families in need; and
- Honor the family’s cultural identity.
Contributing to a team approach
- School social workers enhance the professional capacity of school personnel;
- Facilitate engagement between student, family, school and community;
- Promote a school climate and culture conducive to student learning and teaching excellence; and
- Actively participate in team collaboration and problem-solving.
Making a difference in the lives of students, families, school communities
- School social workers are trained mental health professionals;
- Have a degree in social work;
- Provide services related to a person’s social, emotional and life adjustment to school and society; and
- Are the link between home, school and community in providing services to students, families and school personnel.