Other award winners include:
- Laura Adams, Henry County High School Teacher of the Year - four years teaching experience, all with HCPS
- Johnathan Rogers, Henry County Middle School Teacher of the Year – four years teaching experience, all with HCPS
- Meg Hook, Campbellsburg Elementary School Teacher of the Year – four years teaching experience, first year with HCPS
- Tammy Nash, New Castle Elementary School Teacher of the Year – 17 years teaching experience, 11 with HCPS
- Kim Patterson, Henry County Early Childhood Center Teacher of the Year – 19 years teaching experience, 11 with HCPS
Staff members at each school nominate a candidate for teacher of the year. A committee of administrators then visits and evaluates each nominee. Committee members engage in a blind ranking of nominees. Those rankings are then tallied by a non-committee member, which determines the winner of the annual recognition. The winner is kept secret until the night of the awards program.
Special thanks to each school’s art teacher for providing centerpieces for the dinner and to the high school media class for producing highlight videos for each nominee.