The Henry County Board of Education met on May 16, 2017 and unanimously voted to select Terry Price as the next Superintendent of the Henry County Public Schools.
Bio / Background
Terry L. Price
Degrees I Certifications
- BS Degree, Eastern Kentucky University, Elementary Education
- MA Degree, University of Louisville, Middle Grades Education Rank I,
- University of Louisville, Educational Leadership
- Education Specialist Degree, University of Louisville, District Level Leadership
- Elementary Teacher/ Middle School Teacher Certification
- Elementary/ Middle Level Principalship Certification
- Instructional Supervisor Certification
- Superintendent Certification
- Began teaching in Henry County at Eastern Elementary in 1989. Spent 5 years at Eastern. Moved to Middle School to teach English/literature for 3 years.
- In 1997, became a middle school assistant principal in Bullitt County. Spent 5 years in position.
- Hired in 2002 to become principal of Freedom Elementary in Bullitt County, a brand new school.
- In 2008, became Director of Elementary Education for Bullitt County Schools. Remained in this position until summer 2016.
- In 2016, hired as Assistant Superintendent of Henry County Schools.
Mr. Price made the following statement:
“I feel very humble and honored to be Henry County Public School's next Superintendent. I feel that I have very large shoes to fill. I have learned a great deal from many assistant superintendents, superintendents and especially Mr. Abrams. I will work hard to continue the traditions in Henry County Schools as well as improving educational opportunities for our students. Henry County is a special place for me. I began my educational career here and will ultimately end my educational career here. Every decision I make will follow one simple rule, what is best for kids? If it is not in the best interest of our students, it won't happen.”